Sunday, September 9, 2007

Screenplay Finished

After four drafts, Doc On Loan, the screenplay I wrote for Script Frenzy, is now in the hands of my trusty editors, on the way to becoming the latest of my completed scripts (the third, to be precise). I have to admit, it was painful to whittle it down from 155 pages to 131 -- I had to cut whole scenes, some decent gags and removed fat from dialogs -- but it's pretty much as finished as I could get it. Once that has been copyrighted and registered with the WMA, I'll upload it to InkTip.com and once again, see if I can get any decent nibbles. If lightning could only strike twice and I could get this one optioned for real.

So, that means it's time to start the next one. If you've been reading this blog, you know I have a few more screenplays in the queue. The one I'll most likely start back on is entitled Original Idea. I think I'll take the same approach I did with Doc On Loan by laying out all the scene summaries and then writing the first draft in a 4-6 weeks. Stay tuned,

On the short story front . . . I waiting for final feedback on the 5,000 word piece I mentioned last week. Still cranking out flash pieces as the inspiration moves me. I'm still working on another longer piece that probably won't be included in In The Foothills, but one I need to get out of my system.

I've been neglecting my two fiction blogs after a lot of enthusiasm at the start. To some degree, my day job has started to cut into my writing time (long story), but my energy is being sapped from my writing time. I'm hoping that things calm down on the J*O*B soon. Wish me luck.

And on that note, I wish you all a creative and productive week.

Michael

No comments: