Sunday, September 16, 2007

Relatively Out of Control

This has been a busy week, writing-wise, to say the least. I'd like to say I finished a lot, but the best I can crow about is a did quite a bit of starting . . . new stories, new longer pieces. All this, in conjunction with stories already in progress, and I'm just going crazy writing during every free moment I can eke out of my day.

I did complete one thing of note this week . . . entering one of my more recent stories into the Raymond Carver Short Story contest. Who knows what will happen, I only did it on a lark; really didn't think about it much, actually. Twelve bucks and I'm in by the due date. We'll see if anything ever comes of that.

More flash writing this week, too. Those are difficult not to complete since they're usually so short. As always, they remain useful as an exercise to keep my prose tight, even if there isn't a word limitation for those non-flash pieces. It's all good.

I'm waiting for my editors to give me their final critiques on Doc On Loan before I copyright and submit it to InkTip.com. The next one is waiting patiently in my brain to get down on "paper" (so to speak), but I won't start until the other one is completely in the can.

It's that time of year when I should be submitting my stories to the appropriate literary magazines. It would be nice to get just one sold this year . . . good advertising for the book, of course, and a good shot in the arm to motivate me next year.

And that's the end of this report. I hope all of you are well and I look forward to hearing from you if you're so inclined to drop a line.

Best,
Michael

No comments: