Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Melange

This will be a short report this week, mainly because I've been only concentrating on a few writing projects.

First, I finished the first draft of a short story I've tentatively entitled "Sweet Freedom." It's based on a true story from my childhood and I'm hoping to have a working version (after a few key edits sessions) by next weekend. I've also plotted out the rest of my work in progress short story, "The Bing Wong Motel." I started writing that a few weeks ago, but I got sidetracked.

I didn't get a chance to finish updating my screenplay Doc On Loan with my editors suggested changes this week. Too much going on in my 3D life has kept me kind of busy. I need to get this done so I can start my next one. I'd love to get a third one finished in this calendar year.

I started laying out the basics of a couple of longer pieces: "Dark Confessions" and "New Utopia." Both of these could possible go as long as novella length, but I won't know for certain until I finish plotting them out.

More flash pieces this week, too. Always lots of fun with those.

And that's all for the writing update for this week. I wish you all a great last week of September and I'll see you next time.

Best,
Michael

No comments: