Sunday, October 7, 2007

Clean-Up Time

This week was a series of small accomplishments writing-wise.

I printed out and sent Doc On Loan to the Copyright Office. It's a cost-effective way to protect your creation, so I do it even though I already register my scripts with the WGA. Speaking of my screenplay, I had a few online companies check out the logline for my screenplays this week, even had some look at the synopses and my resume, but no one has download the script. It's somewhat maddening . . . I want to find some way to convince them to read the damn things, but the only thing I can do is to make the screenplays sound appealing enough to make them want to read them.

I wrote a couple of flash fiction pieces and a couple of poems (for fun). There are plenty of places that publish the former, I just need to get off my butt and submit them.

As far as outstanding submissions, October 15th is when the Glimmertrain will be announcing their contest winners. I just checked the status on "Macdougal Street" since I hadn't heard from them yet and see that the status is set to "Complete," which means it hasn't been accepted for publication. That's good, because the darn thing has been on Helium since May, back when I thought I could remove any piece I put up there. Glimmertrain demands first publication rights; had I known I couldn't pull it from Helium when I wanted to, I never would've posted it there. Right now, it's #11 of 130 in the category I submitted it in on Helium, so I guess I have nothing to complain about. Next time, read the fine print, Michael!

I've picked up the short stories I've started and plotted out so I can finish them. Right now, I'm continuing with "Bones Under the Bed." At the same time, new ideas for short stories keep popping into my head. I've said it many times before, but if I had the luxury to write all day, every day, I have enough material to do it for at least ten years straight - just with what I have on file to write at the moment.

Nothing more to include this evening. All the best to you and yours in the coming week and happy writings to you!

Michael

No comments: