Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day to you all! Today's post will be relatively light, mainly because there's nothing juicy to report.

American Chronicle

I submitted the piece I started last weekend on France's new president, a straight journalism article this time. I think it came out pretty well and even though I didn't get direct feedback, I got a number of hits on it and the count still is climbing. Because of the holiday weekend, though, I only wrote one for AmChron. My next one will be entitled "The Folly of Nation-Building" and I hope to have that submitted for publication by Monday evening.

In Verse

I'm currently working on a new poem entitled "Near Myth." It's a work in progress at the moment.

Short Fiction

I completed my drafts on "Macdougal Street" and now it's in the hands of my loyal editors. I decided to preempt completion of "Death Perception" for a new one that popped into my head called "Bones Under the Bed." That one is going quite well. I should have the first draft done by Wednesday.

Screenplay

No progress on Original Idea this week, but I did get some new play on my three posted works listed on Inktip.com. It's hard to get excited by the hits right now, mainly because no one is calling me about them. The farthest they've gotten lately is the synopses are being read. I don't know how much they charge producers and such to read complete works, but it seems no one wants to pull the trigger that way.

Other

The link to the interview I did with E.I. Johnson can be found here.

I decided to join WritersCafe.org, another site dedicated to writers and providing them a facility to share their work. It is a much better designed site than EditRED, but only time will tell whether it has the same community feel of ER. I like the camaraderie, but I like the quality feedback more. We'll see.

So, in closing, let me say that if you're a veteran or family of one, thank you for your loved one's service to this country. We're lucky to have such brave men and women watching our backs and they should know they're appreciated by all of us.

Michael C. Cordell

www.michaelcordellauthor.com

No comments: