Sunday, May 20, 2007

Competition Time?

This has been a busy week outside of the writing world, so I don't have much to show for it in today's blog.

American Chronicle

Only one article this week (so far, anyway) for this online news and opinion site. This time I wrote a scathing retrospective on the Bush Administration's record on global warming. The article, entitled "Washington's Weird Science," shows Bush's record on addressing the crisis. The one I'm writing for tonight's submission is a piece on France's new president and what it means for that country and the world.

In Verse

No poetry this week.

Short Fiction

I finished the first and second drafts of "Macdougal Street" and I'm pleased with how it's turning out so far. The next short story in the queue is called "Death Perception," which I should be starting this weekend.

Screenplay

After not hearing from the producer about A Perfect Tenant, I posted it on Inktip.com. I've gotten some activity on it. I'm going to watch it for a while and if it dies on the vine, I may break down and get some coverage. I'm also going to see if I can still enter this script into a contest (need to research this first).

Didn't touch Original Idea this week, I'm sad to say. I'll see how the coming week goes.

Other

I'm continuing to expand my MySpace network, meeting new authors and other artists.

I got an email this week from a writer named E.I. Johnson who has a blog where she interviews writers of different notoriety - and she asked me if she could interview me! I agreed and she sent me questions to answer. The results should be published on her blog on Tuesday. I'll post a link next week.

That's all for this week's entertainment. Until next time, be well!

Michael C. Cordell

No comments: