Saturday, March 26, 2011

What's New - Week of March 20, 2011

I haven’t been keeping up this blog like I did when I first create it - no surprise, I’m sure there are thousands of blogs across the blogosphere that have been abandoned. With all the other writing I do, this seems to be the easiest to leave at the bottom of my to do list. Let’s see if a weekly update “takes.”

Here are some of the projects I’m currently working on:
  • Short story: “My Life As a Serial Hostage” (draft)
  • Short story: “Breathe” (editing)
  • Screenplay: a drama, based on one of my short stories, called A Grand Delusion (draft)
  • Screenplay: a comedy called Skeeter Huggins, Rodeo Clown (draft)
  • Novella: Jenkie and Me (draft)
  • Novel: Lens Flare (draft)
This is just a subset of the projects I have in various stages of completion, mostly in draft form. As I’ve noted in previous blog posts, I like to have a lot of projects going on at the same time. But the above projects I want to finish in 2011. Stay tuned ... in future posts, I’ll be more specific about where I am in each project and what I’ve done since the previous week on any/all of them.

Michael

2 comments:

marty mankins said...

And this is why I added your blog to my feed reader. Excited to get more details (and timely ones at that) on these projects.

Which gives me a bit of a push to borrow this idea of yours one day soon and update my projects.

I'm really curious about the screenplay.

Michael C. Cordell said...

Thanks for adding this blog to your feed reader. I used to post these updates in the past, but got out of the habit with everything else going on. It helps keep you on point if you're providing updates on your progress. I definitely recommend it.

I'll be discussing one of the screenplays in more detail in the next post (more than likely, it will be about "Skeeter Huggins") :-)

Michael