Sunday, September 6, 2009

Works In Progress

Following up on my post from yesterday about how being a serial starter is my current personal challenge, I decided to trot out the truth for my own eyes to see. Sharing it only further illustrates this malady.

Currently, I have the following works in some reason state of progress. These do not include all those ideas sketched out in brief synopsis or even bulleted form ... I have dozens of those just ripe for further exploration (some day, maybe). No, these are just those that I have in development beyond a story idea (usually a full story treatment is written out)
  • 15 short stories
  • 6 screenplays
  • 5 novels
  • 2 novellas
  • 1 stage play
  • 1 non-fiction book
So what to do first? I'm going to edit my short story called The New Forty and publish it on my website (target date is 10/1). The first draft is completed, which is why I'm starting there - the proverbial "low hanging fruit."

Stay tuned for further developments.

No comments: